YOU THINK YOU HAVE PROBLEMS? THE LORD gave us this illustration about Job.
- He was rich and threw big parties.
- He pleased God.
- He was attacked by Satan.
- Tragedy struck and he lost everything.
- In it all, Job didn’t sin, and blessed God to boot.
- But then he lost his health and got stinking boils all over his body.
- His wife began to bug him and said, “Why don’t you just curse God and die.” Nice woman, huh?
- Job kept his mouth shut. Smart guy.
- Job, being human, teetered on the edge of despondency and said, “What I ALWAYS FEARED has finally happened.” There’s a lesson here.
- To top it off, his fair weather friend, Eliphaz, claimed he got a secret message from a spirit and Job’s hair stood on end (scared spitless). Of course it was bad news. They never bring good news.
- Job’s other friends also chimed in with bad news.
- Once again, being human Job started to question God. “Don’t just condemn me – tell me why you are doing this to me!” God didn’t cause his problems and He didn’t answer.
- Then Job came to his senses. His faith in God was stronger than his pain.
- “God may kill me for this, nevertheless, I’m gonna argue my case before him.” That’s reasonable.
- So Job prayed (AMEN!): “O God, I’m gonna keep this simple. Two things: (1) don’t abandon me; (2) don’t terrify me with your awesome presence.”
- Job’s “friends” began to bug him again.
- WE BETTER TAKE NOTE OF THIS – “There must be Someone in heaven who knows the truth about me, in highest heaven, some ATTORNEY who can clear my name— My CHAMPION, my FRIEND, while I’m weeping my eyes out before God.” (Job 16:17-20)
- Job didn’t give up. “I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! I will see him for myself. Yes, I will see him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought!” (Job 19:25-27)
- “So the Lord blessed Job in the second half of his life even more than in the beginning.” (Job 42:12)
JUST ASKIN’: DID ANY LIGHTS COME ON?
One thought on “You Think You Have Problems?”
Reblogged this on Call 2 Witness.
LikeLiked by 1 person