FOUR GOOD OL’ BOYS FROM THE “PORE” PART OF TOWN TEAMED UP BECAUSE THEY HAD LEPROSY.
They were kicked out because leprosy scared the living daylights out of people. It was contagious and lepers stanketh.
The Syrian army had come into Israeli territory cutting off the city and well nigh starving those city folks. The Syrians we’re camped outside the city slowly squeezing the life out of the Israeli’s. Then the Lord showed up!
- The four good ol’ leper boys were sitting on a little cliff kinda looking down on the Syrian army.
- The first leper said, “Hey boys – we’re gonna starve if we stay here.”
- The second leper chimed in with, “Well, we’ll starve if we go back into the city.”
- The third little pig … – sorry, that’s a different story – the third leper was so discouraged he told the others that they probably ought to just go out and surrender.
- The fourth guy piped up, “Look, I’d rather get killed than die a slow painful death from starvation. Why sit here til we die?”
- So they agreed to climb down the rocks and ask for some food. The closer they got they could smell the porridge and lamb chops, but they didn’t see anyone so they ate til their tummies were full.
What they didn’t realize was that when God goes to work, you may not always see what He is doing behind the scenes.
“The Lord had caused the [Syrian] Aramean army to hear the sound of chariots, horses, and a large army. The Syrians said to each other, “The king of Israel has hired the Hittite and Egyptian kings to attack us!” So they got up and ran away in the twilight, leaving their tents, horses, and donkeys. They left the camp standing and ran for their lives.”
2 Kings 7:6-7 (ncv)
My friend, stay true, stay strong even if you think you’re gonna die because God has things going on behind the scenes for your good and His glory! Hallelujah!
II Kings 7:3-8
“Encamped along the hills of light,
Ye Christian soldiers, rise,
And press the battle ere the night
Shall veil the glowing skies.
Against the foe in vales below
Let all our strength be hurled;
Faith is the victory, we know,
That overcomes the world.
“On every hand the foe we find
Drawn up in dread array;
Let tents of ease be left behind,
And onward to the fray.
Salvation’s helmet on each head,
With truth all girt about,
The earth shall tremble ’neath our tread,
And echo with our shout.
“Faith is the victory!
Faith is the victory!
Oh, glorious victory,
That overcomes the world.”
(John H. Yates)
One thought on “BEHIND THE SCENE”
Thank you again for hitting the nail on the head, I needed this this morning!