HERE’S WHAT HAPPENS when you surrender to God through Christ.
- You get sick and tired of sin’s filth; the smell, the hurt, the guilt.
- You notice that your desires have changed.
- You make a conscious, volitional approach to God through Christ Jesus.
- With sincere desire you pray, “Lord God, I’m in desperate need of you. Get rid of the “whatever” in my life. I surrender. Come into my heart.”
- Strange, but as you live in that attitude of surrender, you get more and more hungry for His wonderful peace and purity.
- You realize you don’t know it all, but you get more and more hungry in your heart. You desire to be holy!
- Sometimes, the desire to be like Jesus, to have His presence , is so overpowering you may cry.
- Then, all hell breaks loose. You may fall back a little; seems Satan gets ahold of you, but that strong hunger speaks deep in your soul again and again. You do not give up.
- You struggle. You question. You pray. You hurt. You ask why. You’re still hungry. You’re tempted. You want to give up. You’re ready to give up … again.
- Then He speaks softly. You start to sing:
“Come to my soul, blessed Jesus.
Hear me, O Savior Divine
Open the fountain and cleanse me.
Give me a heart like Thine.”
11. The hunger returns. His Spirit speaks. You repent. You believe. You give up. You surrender. That astonishing, breathtaking, overwhelming, eye-opening joy expands your heart.